Our membership includes Full Members, who are established makers, Graduate Members and Student Members. We also have Friends and Corporate Members, many of whom are non-makers but who share our enthusiasm for the art and crafts of silversmithing.
Existing members may renew their membership here
Eligibility: Practicing silversmiths who have a strong commitment to contemporary design in silversmithing and high standards of craftsmanship
- Be part of a lively and growing community at the heart of contemporary silversmithing, and in contact with fellow silversmiths throughout the UK and abroad
- Opportunity to take part in all our events and exhibitions
- Profile page and gallery with 8 images of your work on our website
- Participate in planning activities and exhibitions
- Full voting rights at AGMs
Cost: £150 per annum plus a one off administrative fee of £30 (payable on successful application)
Application process: Application is by selection, we will require: 6 images of your work; a statement about your practice; optionally you can include a CV.
Apply online for Full Membership here
Eligibility: Practicing silversmiths within 3 years of graduation from an undergraduate course
- Mentorship: you are entitled to contact all Full Members of the association for advice, encouragement and support concerning design, technical advice, marketing, exhibitions, pricing etc. Where possible access to specialist equipment can be arranged.
- You may submit work for selection to association exhibitions and events.
- Profile page and gallery with 4 images of your work on our website.
- You will receive regular updates about news and events. Contributions from all members are encouraged.
Cost: £50 per annum
Application process: Graduate membership is non-selective
Register online for Graduate Membership here
Eligibility: Open to anyone studying on a silversmithing course
- Access and introduction to a community of professional silversmiths
Cost: £10 per annum
Application process: Student membership is non-selective
Register online for Student Membership here
Eligibility: Open to anyone with an interest in contemporary silversmithing
- Invitation to all CBS events and exhibitions, including the AGM
- Opportunity to support our work and keep informed of our events
- Contributions for articles are welcome from our Friends.
- Receive concessions for events where appropriate.
Cost: £60 per annum
Application process: Become a Friend here
Eligibility: Any company or corporation
- We can assist you in buying or commissioning large and small commemorative, corporate, and personal items of silver. We offer advice, images of members’ work, and introductions to suitable designer silversmiths.
- You and every member of your staff are entitled to a 20% discount on the retail prices of selected work at association group shows and at our studios.
- News & Events You will receive regular updates about news and events. Contributions from all members are encouraged.
- You will receive invitations to all community group exhibitions and private views.
- Slide shows and lectures can be arranged with association members on topics such as Contemporary Silver Design, Production Techniques and Commissioning Silver.
- Members’ work may be borrowed for display or exhibition by arrangement.
Cost: £250 per annum
Application process: Join as a Corporate Member here