Contemporary British Silversmiths is the leading association for contemporary silver in the United Kingdom. It is a membership organisation set up to inspire creativity and promote excellence in design and craftsmanship to new audiences nationally and internationally.
Contemporary British Silversmiths is dedicated to maintaining and advancing the historic craft of silversmithing within the context of contemporary design. We represent a valuable forum for silversmiths throughout the country and an important point of contact for anyone interested in modern silverware.
We aim to achieve this through:
- Promoting contemporary British silversmithing nationally and internationally
- Encouraging innovative thinking and excellence in design and craftsmanship
- Supporting the work of our members to raise the profile of the craft and grow businesses
- Provide educational support through our graduate mentor programme and silversmithing community
- Work with industry partners in these goals and create opportunities for skills transfer and outreach